Monday, June 18, 2007

Dad's Day

Faithful
Always there
Trustworthy
Honoring
Ever-loving
Righteous
Supportive


It is so easy to forget to tell people how important they are to us, especially our parents. Throughout the years, I have learnt to appreciate them more.

Recently Dad fell sick and I was rather worried. His red and white blood cells fall below the average range and was referred to SGH for a thorough check up. He has insisted that I follow him, I guess he felt more at ease and comfortable with me around rather than my two brothers. He is due for another check up and will get his blood test results sometime in August, I guess he should be alright since the Hospital did not call us, cross my fingers.
This father's day was rather quiet. Both my brothers, as usual don't bother. The elder said, "I am having bad cough, cannot come over." The second gave the excuse that everytime he asked my parents out for dinner, they would reject his offer so he did not ask this time. Sometimes parents just want their kids to show concern or ask even though they feel that all these celebrations are just not necessary. They feel shiok to know that their kids care !! But of course, I am genuine.. *wink* . We gave him a red packet as Father's day gift, same as mum on Mother's Day.

We have decided to "ta pao" and eat in, since dad doesn't have good appetite. Brought some fried chicken and chicken rice for dinner yesterday, was glad that everyone enjoyed the dinner.

No comments: