Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Moments of S T R E S S !

It's a week of exams and tests for Derrius. The week started off with his Violin Grade One exam.
He had his Violin Grade One ABSM Exam on Monday 24 August 09. When his Violin's teacher; Joy told us that the exam was brought forward to August, I was like..."Oh mine, hope his CA2 won’t crash with his Violin exam!". Was praying and hoping for his CA2 Exam schedule to be out soon. To my pleasant surprise, the Violin exam just falls 1 day ahead of all his CA2 test dates....phew...what a relief! Thank God ! As this was his first time taking the exam, we seriously have no idea what to expect, until nearer to date, Derrius told me that he needed to play 3 pieces, scaling and sight reading for his Grade One exam. He has chosen Fanfare, Waltz and Dance to your Daddy for the exam. The night before, he suddenly asked me, what happen if he fails? He has always been a very confident boy but not this time, he must be very worried. Comforted him, as long as he do his best, I am happy. The next day, I sent him to Cristofori Funan for exam, he seemed fine and after the exam, he told me that he could get a “D” result….i.e Distinction! wahaha… the usual Confident Derrius is back !

He had his English paper the next day. Told me that the paper was easy and on the same day, the teacher went through the Grammar MCQ with them, he got them all correct. He has always been very strong in his Grammar! Well done, son!

He had his Math’s CA2 paper on Wednesday. As usual, he will always tell me that the paper is easy. Let’s see ! I know he has always wanted to score Full marks for his Math’s paper and I can tell that he has worked real hard to achieve this goal. His CA1 and SA1, he just fell short of 3 points, and they were actually careless mistakes !! He scored full marks for his English MCQ. 50/50. :)

He had his GEP test on Friday. I tried asking him on how the papers was like, he just refused to answer me, kept telling me , “I have forgotten, too many questions, not easy but I can do all of them.”. Well, can I trust him? He will always tell me positive things about his exam but sometime I really wonder is he trying to “shut me up”, so that he can have few days of peace before we face the reality ...haha…As long as he do his best, I am happy, whether he make it to or not, it’s really his own ability.

Finally he had his Science test on Monday, again he told me it was easy. He scored Full marks for his Chinese MCQ i.e 40/40. Well done again Derrius ! Now am just waiting for his final marks and that is my real STRESSSSSSSS......I am so scared to fetch me home from school , so scared to see his disappointed face (if he didn't do well) and of cos happy to see him smiling (if he did well) ....I am worried !!!
Just then when I thought I can relax abit, his SA2 is on the way again…. another 36 days to his Paper 1; Oral and Composition exam….I am S T R E S S E D again………

No comments: